Flatstock Class (Winter 2018)
The Flatstock Screenprint Workshop will consist of a six-week instructional class, followed by eight weeks of studio time and culminating in a final group show in KBH Gallery, first week of May 2017. Classes will meet for three hours every other Wednesday from 6-9pm.
First day of class is Wednesday, January 17th, 2018.
Check back in January for the complete schedule.
Attendance is mandatory and you will be expected to complete all homework assignments. Please note that this class focuses on flat stock only (paper) – we will not be printing T-shirts or textiles. There will be a $450 fee to cover the cost of materials and use of the studio for the Flatstock Screenprint Workshop. This fee covers the spectrum of necessary screen-printing supplies, as well as the following materials, which are yours to keep:
- (1) 25” x 40” screen (additional screens may be purchased through an Iskra)
- 60 linear inches of film output on 34” wide film
Iskra will supply the following during the course of the workshop:
- Screen chemicals
- 18” Squeegee
- Spray bottle
To Enter the lottery
- Participants will be selected via a lottery system.
- In order to qualify for the lottery, you must email your contact information, one jpeg example of your latest work OR a link to your portfolio and short paragraph on what you're hoping to learn from the class to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, January 3rd, 2017.
- You will be notified no later than Monday, January 8th, 2017 the results of the drawing
- Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee you a spot in the workshop.
- If accepted, you may choose to either pay the amount in full, or enroll in one of two payment plans.
- The first installment is due the first day of class.
- Payment options:
1. Pay in full ($450) or 2. Pay in two installments ($225 each)